Learn new skills, meet new people and help support Action Cancer. Volunteer in our shops, donate your time and help support Action Cancer. There are lots of volunteering opportunities to explore, find the right one to suit your lifestyle.
Join one of our amazing team of volunteers, if you have been thinking about it, there is no time like now to get in touch!
You can find your nearest shop by clicking here
Our shops play a vital role in raising funds for our cancer prevention, detection and support services, by volunteering with us you are having an invaluable impact…
- Our shops raise £1.2 million annually for our services in Northern Ireland – we couldn’t achieve this without our volunteers!
- We are the face of Action Cancer in the community, spreading our message and raising awareness of our work
You will get a lot from volunteering with us…
- Learn new skills
- Gain more confidence
- Make new friends
- Support your local community
In our shops you will be made to feel very welcome in your new team and each of our shop managers will carry out training and an induction with as well as on-going support whilst you volunteer with us.
What is volunteering in one of our shops like?
Whatever you are in to, what ever your skill level, there is something that will suit everyone…
- Department specialist: are you a book worm? Volunteer with us and co-ordinate our books
- Customer service assistance, using the till, chatting to customers, accepting and processing donations and being the welcoming face in our shops
- Stock room assistants, visual merchandising, window dressing
- Van assistants: out and about in the community with our drivers delivering and collecting donations
- Flare for e-commerce? Source items to sell on our online shop