Gareth Kirk – Chief Executive
Appointed March 2011
Gareth, reporting to the Council of Management is responsible for the overall management of the charity. A Chartered Accountant by profession, prior to his appointed to Action Cancer his career spanned over 30 years in the Public and Private Sectors. In 2018, he was awarded the prestigious CO3 “Inspiring Leader of the Year” after being nominated by the team in Action Cancer.
Geraldine Kerr – Head of Professional Services
Appointed June 2005
Geraldine has spent over 30 years in the caring and supporting professions. A qualified Social Worker, Geraldine has responsibility for the strategic development of services & managing our suite of professional services and interventions, ensuring that they are delivered efficiently, effectively and to the highest of professional standards. Geraldine is also an accredited coach and provides coaching to staff and for people affected by cancer.
Dougie King – Head of Fundraising and Communications
Appointed July 2005
Dougie, having spent over 30 years working in the voluntary sector is one of the most respected and experienced fundraisers and marketers in the sector. He has overall responsibility for fundraising, communications, marketing, retail and developing relationships with Community Groups. Working alongside his team, they are tasked with generating income of circa £250,000 per month, originating and delivering a wide range of marketing and lobbying campaigns and ensuring that the Action Cancer “voice” is heard and understood.
Arlene McGeown – Head of Finance and Administration
Appointed October 2008
Arlene is a Chartered Certified Accountant responsible for ensuring, not only the integrity and safe guarding of our finances, but also that the Corporate Governance controls put in place by the Council of Management are being effectively operated. She is also responsible for all corporate administration, IT and HR issues.
Other members of the Management Team include:
- Iona McCormack (Senior Skin Cancer Specialist Nurse)
- Joanna Currie (Consultant Radiographer)
- Ruth Fleming (Service Development Manager)
- Caroline Hughes (Health Improvement and Evaluation Manager)
- Michele Warke (Services Administration Manager)
- Katherine Ward (Human Resources Manager)
- Hugh Blair (ICT Manager)
- Peter Lynch (Retail Manager)
- Lisa McClenaghan (Communications Manager)
- Lucy McCusker (Corporate Fundraising Manager)
- Georgina Campbell (Donor Care Manager)
- Leigh Osborne (Community & Public Fundraising Manager)