Action Cancer is committed to maintaining high standards of privacy and data protection for our service users and those we work with. Looking after your data has always been extremely important to us.
It’s important that you read Action Cancer’s full policy to understand what information we hold, how we may use it, and what your rights are – here’s a quick summary:
- We only collect the information that we need or that would be useful to us in our quest to provide the best possible service.
- This means we collect information that may be of a personal nature (names, addresses, date of birth, bank details etc.).
- We collect information about some service users that may be of a sensitive nature, e.g. medical history.
- We collect information about the people we provide services to: members, donors, volunteers, employees, job applicants, customers and suppliers to enable us to operate for business purposes.
- We collect information in order to provide services, information and goods, to fundraise for our charitable works and all related administration e.g. processing financial transactions.
- We are committed to keeping personal information secure.
- We will never sell your data.
- We only share data in limited circumstances, e.g. where we are required by law or with carefully selected partners who do work for us. All our partners are required by their contract to treat your data as carefully as we would, to only use it as instructed, and to allow us to check that they do this.
If you have a query regarding the accuracy of your personal data then we will deal with it quickly and fairly. You can opt in or out of receiving communications about our services, campaigns and events or change your preferences about your preferred method of communication. You can contact us by email or telephoning 028 9080 3344.
If you have any other queries about your information, you can contact our Data Protection Officer, Arlene McGeown at [email protected].
- Visitors to our website;
- Feedback information you provide to us through the website.
Visitors to our website
When someone visits our website at Action Cancer we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting any part of our website. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and we will explain what we intend to do with it.
Third Party Cookies
We use Google Analytics to supply site analytics for our website usage to improve the way we present our website. Google – www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html
When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, Facebook, Flickr, YouTube or Twitter, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. Action Cancer does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these and urge you to review these as they will govern the use of information you submit or which is collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites.
Facebook – www.facebook.com/about/privacy
Twitter – http://twitter.com/privacy
You Tube – http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/policies/privacy/
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout